Came here to see lava up close and personal?
Aloha and welcome to our exclusive Hawaiian Lava Experience! Why not discover this natural phenomenon with the people that experienced flowing lava first hand in the mid to late 1980s and early 90s? Here with Kalapana Cultural Tours, not only will you see the Earth change right before your eyes as you stand at the foot of creation, but you will experience the spiritual and cultural sense of this natural phenomenon.
Things to Bring:
- 2 liters of water per person (required)
- Back pack/ Day Pack
- Light jacket (note: night hikes may get a little chilly; cold)
- Light snacks/energy bars (example: Peanuts, chocolate, small fruit bags, small vegetable bags, raisins, small chip bags…etc)
- Closed toe shoes (example: tennis shoes, hiking shoes). NO Water shoes or Crocs.
- Long pants/ Jeans (recommended, if you have)
- Sunscreen (highly recommended)
- Hat (recommended)
- Thick Gloves example: gardening gloves (recommended, if you already have)
- We provide flashlights, first aid and rain gear (basic rain ponchos) if you have none of your own
Tour prices, distance and times are subject to change.
There is a rebooking fee of $10 per person.
Safety / Requirements
- NO Pregnancies allowed
- NO back/ knee/ hip/ foot injuries
- NO major surgeries within the past 6 months
- NO respiratory problems. Example: heart problems, chronic asthma… (or other chronic illnesses)
- Must be in good physical health
- Ages 12+ are allowed to participate
DISCLAIMER: Please note prices may change due to the distance and conditions of the Lava flow. Information provided above may change due to the distance and conditions of the Lava Flow. There are no refunds after services have been rendered.