We offer a sunrise and sunset Bike & Hike Tours, our guests are culturally guided to view the ‘Edge of creation’, with a local Hawaiian guide.
We have guests check in at our office located at the end of Highway 137, at a well known local venue called ‘Uncle Robert’s Awa Club’, after guests check in we have them shuttled to the starting point which is the end of Highway 130, we have private property access about 2 miles in, where we will embark on our tours. Guides take guests to “hunt” for the active surface flow that many others can’t easily find on their own. Guests are also treated to the ocean entry where they can view the vibrant lava oozing into the ocean while the sunsets.
Safety / Requirements / Terms
Boat Tour Restrictions
- NO pregnancies
- NO recent neck, back, hip, knee injuries (or any injuries that could be aggravated while on tour)
- NO respiratory, heart problems, major illnesses
- Youngest age to participate is 10 years old, older guests to 65 please use your own discretion.
- If you get sea sick (motion sickness) please use Dramamine, or any other type of motion sickness medication (used at your own discretion).
- You will be on open water, and will most likely get wet while on tour.
- Once the boat has departed, the captains will not turn the tour around if you are feeling sick / nauseous.
- Vessel is not handicapped accessible.
Bike & Hiking Restrictions/Requirements
- All participants MUST be physically fit
- NO Pregnancies allowed
- NO back/ knee/ hip/ foot injuries
- NO major surgeries within the past 6 months
- NO respiratory problems. Example: heart problems, chronic asthma... (or other chronic illnesses)
- Must be in good physical health
- Ages 12+ are allowed to participate
DISCLAIMER: Please note prices may change due to the distance and conditions of the Lava flow. Information provided above may change due to the distance and conditions of the Lava Flow. There are no refunds after services have been rendered.