We offer a sunrise and sunset Bike & Hike Tours, our guests are culturally guided to view the ‘Edge of creation’, with a local Hawaiian guide.
We have guests check in at our office located at the end of Highway 137, at a well known local venue called ‘Uncle Robert’s Awa Club’, after guests check in we have them shuttled to the starting point which is the end of Highway 130, we have private property access about 2 miles in, where we will embark on our tours. Guides take guests to “hunt” for the active surface flow that many others can’t easily find on their own. Guests are also treated to the ocean entry where they can view the vibrant lava oozing into the ocean while the sunsets.
Safety / Requirements / Terms
- No pregnancies
- Ages 5 -75 years. For older guests please use your own discretion.
- No recent back, hip, knee injuries and/or surgeries in the past 6 months
- No chronic illnesses/respiratory problems ex: asthma, heart problems
- Everyone must be able to climb up and down a 10 step ladder unassisted
* This vessel is not handicap accessible
ATTENTION: If you have sea sickness. We recommend taking Dramamine the evening before your tour for better results. Please contact your physician if you are unsure of Dramamine usage. Please go over our list of restrictions and requirements for our tours. If you're unsure please give our office a call.
There is a minimum requirement of 20 people confirmed for a boat tour to begin. And for safety reasons, boat tours will be cancelled if conditions prove threatening. We will try contact you 24 hours before your tour time to cancel if need be. In the event of a cancellation we will offer you a rescheduled tour time or a full refund.
If you cancel within 48 hours of your scheduled tour departure, there is a $50 rebooking fee per person. Inside of 24 hours there is a $100 rebooking fee per person, and 12 hours $200 fee per person.
Bike & Hiking Restrictions/Requirements
- NO Pregnancies allowed
- NO back/ knee/ hip/ foot injuries
- NO major surgeries within the past 6 months
- NO respiratory problems. Example: heart problems, chronic asthma... (or other chronic illnesses)
- Must be in good physical health
- Ages 12+ are allowed to participate
DISCLAIMER: Please note prices may change due to the distance and conditions of the Lava flow. Information provided above may change due to the distance and conditions of the Lava Flow. There are no refunds after services have been rendered.