Come aboard and witness the awesome lava flow up close with Kalapana Cultural Tours which is native Hawaiian owned and operated. Our tours are authentic and cultural.
- 5:00 AM sunrise – $225+taxes.
- 7:30 AM morning – $200+taxes.
- 2:30 PM afternoon – $200+taxes.
- 5:00 PM sunset – $225+taxes.
The Ohana Vessel
- The new boat provides additional capacity, but no overcrowding.
- Younger adventurers (ages 5-75+) are welcome.
- More crew aboard to keep the tour intimate!
- This vessel provides a more comfortable ride and covered seating.
- Improved safety – USCG (United States Coast Guard) certified passenger vessel
- Powered by four 200 Horsepower Suzuki engines
- More time at the flow
Safety / Requirements
- No pregnancies
- Ages 5 -75 years. For older guests please use your own discretion.
- No recent back, hip, knee injuries and/or surgeries in the past 6 months
- No chronic illnesses/respiratory problems ex: asthma, heart problems
- Everyone must be able to climb up and down a 10 step ladder unassisted
- There is a rebooking fee of $10 per person.
* This vessel is not handicap accessible
ATTENTION: If you have sea sickness. We recommend taking Dramamine the evening before your tour for better results. Please contact your physician if you are unsure of Dramamine usage. Please go over our list of restrictions and requirements for our tours. If you’re unsure please give our office a call.
– There is a minimum requirement of 20 people confirmed for a boat tour to begin. And for safety reasons, boat tours will be cancelled if conditions prove threatening. We will try contact you 24 hours before your tour time to cancel if need be. In the event of a cancellation we will offer you a rescheduled tour time or a full refund.